The Industrial Radio Lab Germany (IRLG) engages in research and development of current and future wireless technologies in industry. The lab creates innovations, supports companies, and collaborates with actors in economy and politics to ensure knowledge transfer towards a digital society. The IRLG comprises four distributed research and development labs that involve small and medium-sized enterprises through regional networking. The regional labs (IRLs) provide resources for joint research to collaborating partners. This allows companies the development of demonstrators based on wireless communication. Additionally, each lab has its own research topic. It should be noted that the IRLG operates independently and in the interest of the companies without pursuing own economic interests.
Rohde & Schwarz Network Scanners
Rohde & Schwarz provides the IRL Dresden with high performance network scanners. The devices are used for real-time monitoring of spectrum and interference. More information can be found here.
IRLG on Xing
The IRLG is now on Xing. From now on, we will use this channel as well to inform about our activities.
The IRLG published a press release. It can be read here: Pressemitteilung zum Startschuss des IRLG (German).
Virtual conference about communications in automation. More details here.
Industrial Radio Day 2021
The virtual event addresses topics related to wireless industrial communications. More details here.
IRLG talk at the Automation 2021. More Details here.
IEEE 5G++ Online Summit Dresden
More details here.
- Resilient industrial campus networks
- Real time spectrum sensing & interference monitoring
- Jamming detection & mitigation
- Communication control co-design
- Industrial radio interface design for URLLC
- IoT cross-layer design
- Tactile Internet applications and technologies
- Interconnection of satellite and terrestrial communications systems
- Artificial intelligence in communications systems
- Co-design of communication and control
- Spectrum monitoring mechanisms
- Resilient systems
- Coexistence management
- IT and network security
- Verification and certification
- 5G campus networks
- Industrial radio intelligence
- Applications and requirements of water management
- Wireless solutions for the water industry
- Protection against active environmental influences
- Specifications of interference profiles
- Measures for improving robustness
- Coexistence management