The Industrial Radio Lab Germany (IRLG) engages in research and development of current and future wireless technologies in industry. The lab creates innovations, supports companies, and collaborates with actors in economy and politics to ensure knowledge transfer towards a digital society. The IRLG comprises four distributed research and development labs that involve small and medium-sized enterprises through regional networking. The regional labs (IRLs) provide resources for joint research to collaborating partners. This allows companies the development of demonstrators based on wireless communication. Additionally, each lab has its own research topic. It should be noted that the IRLG operates independently and in the interest of the companies without pursuing own economic interests.
IEEE INDIN Special Session accepted
Our submitted Special Session for the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN 2023) was accepted and has fulfilled all requirements regarding successful paper submissions. The session is entitled “SS07: Wireless Communications for Industry 4.0”. More details about the session and the conference can be found on the conference website.
Rohde & Schwarz Network Scanners
Rohde & Schwarz provides the IRL Dresden with high performance network scanners. The devices are used for real-time monitoring of spectrum and interference. More information can be found here.
IRLG on Xing
The IRLG is now on Xing. From now on, we will use this channel as well to inform about our activities.
14th edition of the conference “Kommunikation in der Automation” in Magdeburg. The IRLG has a keynote on day 2. More Details here.
IEEE INDIN 2023
The IRLG is the organizer of the special session SS 07: Wireless Communications for Industry 4.0. More details and the call for papers here.
Industrial Radio Day 2023
The event held in Bremen addresses topics related to wireless industrial communications. More details will follow soon here.
IEEE 6G Summit Dresden
More details here.
- Resilient industrial campus networks
- Real time spectrum sensing & interference monitoring
- Jamming detection & mitigation
- Communication control co-design
- Industrial radio interface design for URLLC
- IoT cross-layer design
- Tactile Internet applications and technologies
- Interconnection of satellite and terrestrial communications systems
- Artificial intelligence in communications systems
- Co-design of communication and control
- Spectrum monitoring mechanisms
- Resilient systems
- Coexistence management
- IT and network security
- Verification and certification
- 5G campus networks
- Industrial radio intelligence
- Applications and requirements of water management
- Wireless solutions for the water industry
- Protection against active environmental influences
- Specifications of interference profiles
- Measures for improving robustness
- Coexistence management